Making chamomile tea is a simple and enjoyable process. Here's a basic recipe for making chamomile tea:
- Chamomile tea bags or loose chamomile flowers
- Optional: Honey, lemon, or mint for flavour
- Boil fresh, clean water. You can use a kettle or a pot on the stove.
- If you're using loose chamomile flowers, place them in a tea infuser. If you're using chamomile tea bags, you can skip this step.
- Put the chamomile flowers into a teapot or directly into your cup.
- Pour the hot water over the chamomile. Ensure that the water covers the chamomile completely.
- Let the chamomile steep in hot water. This is the process where the flavor is extracted from the chamomile. Steeping time is typically 5-10 minutes, but you can adjust it based on your taste preferences.
- Once the tea has steeped to your liking, strain the water from chamomile.
- You can add honey, lemon, or mint to enhance the flavour. Stir the tea to mix in these additions.